Tefzel ® ETFE is a fluorocarbon-based polymer. ETFE is an abbreviation for the chemical name Ethylene TetrafluoroEthylene. and the Tefzel ® brand of ETFE is manufactured only by DuPont. This material was introduced to provide a material with both corrosion resistance and mechanical strength over a wide temperature range. The fluoroplastic family offers plastics with high chemical resistance, low and high temperature capability, resistance to weathering, low friction, electrical and thermal insulation.
- Tefzel ® ETFE offers high purity, excellent chemical resistance,
- Good permeability resistance
- Excellent abrasion resistance over a
- Temperature range of -300°F to +300°F (-185°C to +150°C).
- Cryogenic applications — super-cold refrigeration components
- Valves — linings, seats, seals
- Compressors & pumps – linings and components
- Electrical components — insulators, cable clamps
- Gaskets — pressure, diaphragm, liquid gauge seals, fluid handling
- Bearings — sleeve & thrust